Normally, if somebody experiences problems with Paypal not confirming that the booking has been paid, one of five things has happened.
- You set the values of the booking too low. PP will not process payments that are just a few cents/pence etc.
- You're running off localhost, so paypal can't return the IPN notification. It needs a specific domain to return the IPN notification.
- You've got the Jomres menu option in the CMS set to Registered or Special, or some variation of that, or the site requires .htaccess login. Either of these scenarios would mean that Paypal cannot login to update the booking's state.
- The email address used for the property is different to the default "main" email address in paypal's configuration. When PP returns the notification to the Jomres installation it returns the default email address. Jomres will compare the email address returned with that stored against the property, as a security measure. If the two don't match, the booking will not be created.
- The API keys are setup incorrectly. When a property manager creates their settings in the popup, they will see instructions on how to add the api keys if they scroll down in that popup, please ask them to double check that they've used the correct keys in the correct fields.
If, after making a test payment, you haven't seen Paypal's server appear in the Gateway log then you're looking at either scenario 1, 2, 3 or 4. If the email address wasn't validated (scenario 5) or the keys are incorrect then that should be noted in the log.