Installation of any of the Jomres Quickstart packages is straightforward enough, here we will give you a complete, step by step guide, however in summary you will
Before you start, make sure you have a license key for Jomres.
Copy the key and put it somewhere safe, you will need to use it later.
If you don't have a key, you can get one here https://www.jomres.net/pricing
1. First decide which flavour of Quickstart you want to install, either Portal (multiple properties) or Hotel (single property).
2. Once you've downloaded the relevant zip file, unzip it locally and inside you will find three files, a .jpa file ( for example jomres-portal-quickstart.jpa ), kickstart.php, and a readme file.
3. Copy the .jpa file and kickstart.php to your web server. In this example you can see that I am installing onto localhost using WAMP. http://www.wampserver.com/en/
4. The next thing you need to do is create a database table for your site. Do not attempt to populate the table with any data, we'll do that for you. I will call my database joomla_portal_installation_demo which makes it easy for me to relate databases with folders in WAMP.
5. You are now ready to start the installation. Open your browser and point it at where you saved the Quickstart .jpa file and kickstart.php, so on Windows I saved the files to C:\wamp64\www\joomla_portal_installation_demo and will need to start the installation by visiting http://localhost/joomla_portal_installation_demo/kickstart.php
6. First you will see a popup, hit Esc or click the link to get taken to the next page.
7. You will not need to change anything on this page, so scroll to the bottom and click Start
8. The script will extract all of the system files, wait for it to finish then click the Run the Installer button.
9. This is the Pre-installation phase. You can safely ignore the orange warnings on this page, just click the Next button.
As of June 2016 several people have had problems extracting the Quickstart at the ANGIE -> Database stage. If you are running Mysql 5.6 make sure that the "Force UTF-8 collation on tables" option is checked. This resolved the issue for us, and we understand it to be a bug in mysql 5.6. We can't recreate it in 5.7
10. You will probably need to change the name of the database here to whatever you named your database in step 4. As this machine is not serving files to the internet I have left Mysql's username to Root, however if it's a "live" server then you will also need to supply your own database's username and password.
11. Click Next, this will start the database restoration process. Click Next Step when the button appears.
12. You should not set the Live Site URL field here except for exceptional circumstances, 99 times out of 100 you can leave this field blank.
You can change the Site name, Site e-mail address and Site e-mail sender name.
In the "Super User settings" section you will need to set your email address and your "jomres" user's password. Once the site is setup we recommend that you create a completely new administrator user and delete the "jomres" user afterwards.
Joomla : You can now close this tab.
13. You are almost ready to see your site in all it's glory. Click on the Visit your Site's Backend button.
14. You will be taken to http://localhost/joomla_portal_installation_demo/administrator/index.php so enter the username and password you set back in step 12.
15. Go to Components > Jomres > Settings > Site Configuration, first tab and enter your license key.
The Quickstarts take quite a while to build, so we can't update them to every version of Jomres, therefore your next step should be to make sure that your installation of Jomres and it's plugins are up-to-date.
First visit the Joomla Control panel and click on Updates are Available at the bottom left in the sidebar. Click on the Checkbox to select Jomres on the next page and click Update. Follow the onscreen instructions to update your installation. When it's done, you will be taken back to Jomres.
Click on the Plugin Manager in the sidebar and then click the big blue button to update the currently installed plugins.
Ok, that's it. You have now installed the Jomres Quickstart of your choice and you are ready to begin using it. Remember that all property configuration is done via the guest facing pages, not the "admin" area of your site, and in fact the first thing you should do is visit your site's public pages and start configuring properties. Because this is the Quickstart many ( not all, that would be overkill ) plugins are already installed so there's no need for you to do that.