The Property Features configuration option allows you to create, edit and delete Property Features. The features you define here will be visible for property owners to select from when adding a property. The selected features will be displayed in the property list and property details page. Also, these features can be made available as a search option in the search functionality.
Starting Jomres 4.2.2 we have property type dependent property features. This means that certain property features are visible/available only for some property types you choose. For example, if you offer car rentals on your site, then you can define features like 'ABS', 'Power steering', etc which will be available only for the 'car' property type. So, if an owner adds a hotel, he`ll have to choose only from features that are applicable to hotels, like 'room service', 'restaurant', etc. He won`t see the features that are intended to be used when adding cars.
Click on the Property Features icon in your Jomres control panel to view all defined property features. If you`ve just installed Jomres, then you`ll see that a lot of features are already defined.
Adding a new property feature
Let`s say you want to add a feature called 'room service'. Here is what you have to do:
- Click on the 'New' icon above the property features list and you`ll be taken to a new screen where you can enter the feature details.
- Enter the property feature abbreviation. This is the feature short name and it can include spaces. In our case, we`ll enter 'Room Service'.
- Enter the feature description. This can be longer and has to describe the feature in more detail. If not, you can just enter 'Room Service' again. For our case, we will enter '24h free room service'.
- Select the property type that this feature will be applicable to. By default, a feature will be available to all property types. For our case, we will select 'hotel', so when a property owner wants to add a hotel, he will see this feature and can select it.
- Select the feature icon from the available images. If the image is not already available in the list, then you can upload a new image using the administrator area Media Manager.
- Save the new feature
You can use the Label Editing feature to translate items you create here.
It is advisable that you don`t create more features with the same icon (and implicitly the same filename), because this will create problems when translating the features. It's best to have a different icon for each feature.