This option is used for creating property types. As you may already know from the feature list, you can use Jomres for booking hotels, apartments, cars, yachts, conference rooms and pretty much anything that can be booked on a daily basis.
Property types are also used for narrowing a search. A dropdown with the available property types can be displayed in the search features, so a visitor can choose to search only the property types that he`s interested in.
Click on the 'List property types' icon in your Jomres Control Panel and you`ll be taken to a new screen where all available property types are displayed. So let`s say that we want to create a property type for conference rooms.
Adding a property type
- Click on the 'New' button above the property types list and you`ll be taken to the next screen where you can enter information about your new property type.
- Enter the property type name. In our case, the property type name will be 'Conference room'.
- Optional: enter the property type description (no spaces). In our case, it will be 'conferenceroom'. If you fill in this field, then a new directory called 'conferenceroom' will be created in /jomres/language and the default language file en-GB.php will be copied here. You can later edit this file to have different language strings for this property type. For example, 'Book a room' can become 'Book conference room'. More details about property type specific language files can be found below.
- What will guests book? This field is very important, as it dictates how users can manage their properties. If you set it to "Rooms in the property" then properties that are set to this property type will be treated as "hotel" type properties, where managers can create rooms. If it's set to "The entire property" then they're treated as apartments/villas with no room configuration for property managers. If the Jintour plugin is installed, then you will also see the Tours option. Properties assigned to a property type that has this option set to Tours will not be able to configure rooms or tariffs, instead they'll only be able to use the Tour/Activity management feature.
- Map markers. You can manually upload marker images to the /jomres/markers directory using FTP, or use the Marker uploader plugin. As the upload process converts all uploaded images to jpg, any marker transparency is lost therefore we recommend you do the upload via ftp. Once markers are in that directory, then you will be able to assign markers to property types in this page.
- Save the new property type.
When arriving back to the property types list screen, you`ll see the new property type you`ve just created displayed in the list.
Property type specific language files
In jomres, you can have different language files for each property type. This is useful for example when booking cars, conference rooms, yachts, etc. Property dependent language files are saved in /jomres/language/property_type_description. In this example, the en-GB.php language file for conference rooms will be in /jomres/language/conferenceroom. You can then use this file to make the changes you want to this property type. For example, you can change the text 'Book a room' to 'Rent this car', 'Rent this yacht', 'Book conference room' or anything you need. This language file will be used on all Jomres pages that are related to the property type (in our case conference rooms) except the property list page, where multiple property types can be displayed and jomres will use the default language file associated with your language context.
You can have more property types defined in the backend than you may need on your website, so you can easily just unpublish the property types you don`t need by clicking on the publish button.