Most Jomres users simply want to use the system "as is" (and that's ok) but if you're one of those people building a business from a booking engine, there are lots more ways you can build your site using the tools in Jomres that might not be immediately apparent from a quick viewing of the demos.
Jomres is exceptionally powerful and it includes a lot of tools that require digging into the manual to get the most out of it, so here I will mention a pivotal set of features that are collectively known as Shortcodes.
Jomres tasks (06000/06001/06002/06005 numbers in minicomponents) can all be called using shortcode markup in articles and widgets.
Here you can see the basic documention. A more complete, but impossible to be definitive list because the existence of a shortcode depends on if it's corresponding plugin has been installed, can be found here.
There are lots of ways that shortcodes can be used, for example
- You can include shortcodes in articles if there is, say, one specific property you want to highlight in a featured article/page.
- Likewise, in a similar article you could list a property's reviews or the review summary.
- You can insert fully customisable search widgets on any page.
- You can list properties with specific features from a menu.
- You can include shortcodes in Joomla modules.
- You can even put shortcodes in Jomres template files to build entirely new layouts without needing to edit any code, and easily distribute those files across multiple Jomres sites.
The possibilities are endless, and if you have any coding experience at all it's relatively easy to make your own Jomres plugins. There's a tutorial here on how to do that, and you can download the example plugin from here.
- Created on .