Jomres 9.10.0 has been released.
This version is a significant version bump because the installation process has been completely rewritten to modernise it and to integrate it more tightly with the host CMS.
We have tested this as thoroughly as we can, however because this is quite a large change we cannot stress how important it is that you remember to perform a site backup before you upgrade. It's something that we always say when we release a new version, but it needs to be repeated.
From this version forwards we will be changing how release versions are handled. Up until now we would have a Master version, which the current release (e.g. 9 .9.19) would be from, and then the next release would be a new branch such as 9.10.0.
In the future we will have two significant branches, Master and Nightly. Nightly is where we will keep changes that have been tested but we haven't yet released to a Stable (Master) version. You will be able to install the currently Nightly through your CMS's installer. In Joomla you will be able to create a new installation of Jomres by enabling Debugging in Global configuration. If you already have an installation of Jomres then in Site Configuration > Debugging tab set your installation to Develoopment mode. Once you have done that then you will be able to upload the installer (see our downloads page) to update your site. Stable releases, as normal, will be available through the host CMS's built-in update functionality.
This approach makes it much easier for users to collaborate with us in testing new functionality without having to use git to update their servers. In the future we expect to add the ability to pull specific branches too.
As well as the installer changes, there are some other tweaks.
- Property managers can now hide the property's street address from casual visitors, so only logged in users who have already created a booking for that property can see the address. This is particularly of use to property managers who live in high crime areas and don't want to display properties that might be unattended at any time.
- The availability calendar popup has been added to villa/apartment bookings forms.
- Both MRP and SRP calendars updated so that bookable dates are highlighted, and other dates disabled, when fixed day of week booking set.
- Modified date input feature for search modules so that if site is set to a single property installation then the first published property has it's settings used and if fixed arrival day is set to Yes then to set the search module's calendar to disable other days.
- Updated booking form to honour the "do not show inline calendars" setting from property config > property details tab.
- Extended POA price feature to show in lists.
- Added an experimental feature to optimize images for the web on upload.
- Added functionality that allows PUT requests through the API to behave like POST requests.
- Created on .